Surgical Services at Bartlett Regional Hospital includes the operating room, central processing, the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, anesthesia services, pre-admission testing (PAT), and Same Day Surgery.
While the majority of patients are discharged on the same day, some require an overnight stay.
NOTE: Until further notice, COVID testing is still required regardless of vaccination status.
The PAT (pre-op) process
- The surgeons office will send a request for procedure to the OR scheduler who will in turn, schedule the case.
- PAT is notified and will schedule patients as a phone interview.
- The PAT nurse will ask a series of health history questions, provide instructions for date of service, and discuss any questions and concerns you may have.
- Your preoperative evaluation may include labs ordered by the surgeon, imaging, and EKG. You and your PAT nurse will discuss this.
- We will call you for your arrival time the day before surgery, between 4:30 and 6:00 pm (You will get a call on Friday for Monday surgery). Please disregard the time stated in the Patient Portal.
- Your visit to Bartlett starts at the registration (PAS) office on the main floor. The patient access representative will verify insurance and ID and put wristbands on you. You will check in with PAS the day of procedure.
Specialized Emergent Care
Cardiovascular and neurosurgical interventions are referred to a larger medical center unless a life-threatening condition requires immediate attention prior to medevac.
Bartlett Regional Hospital works in conjunction with Life Center Northwest for the procurement of organs and tissues. In accordance with Alaska state law and hospital policy, all patients are provided with a routine donor consent form upon admission.