Surgical Services at Bartlett Regional Hospital includes the operating room, central processing, the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, anesthesia services, pre-admission testing, and the Same-Day Surgery.
All patients who enter Bartlett Regional Hospital for surgery as inpatient or outpatient are admitted through the Same Day Surgery Unit. While the majority of patients are discharged on the same day, some may require an overnight stay on an inpatient unit.
Patients are typically seen one to three days in advance of their scheduled surgery, at which time they are evaluated by an RN. The preoperative evaluation may include preoperative labs to be drawn and postoperative care instructions. The RN will discuss any questions and concerns that you might have at the time.
Surgical and/or invasive procedures performed in Surgical Services include but are not limited to:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Dental restoration (SEARHC)
- Ear, nose, throat (ENT) surgery
- General surgery
- Breast biopsy
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Exploratory laparotomy
- Gastric banding
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic gallbladder removal
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication
- Dilatation and curettage
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Thermal ablation
- Essure procedure for sterilization
- Cesarian section
- Tubal ligation
- Cataract extraction/lens implant
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopy of knee and shoulder
- Carpal tunnel release
- Fracture management
- Shoulder repair
- Total joint replacement
- Pain management
- Cervical and lumbar epidural sterioid injection
- Plastic surgery
- Breast reduction
- Hand surgery
- Spine surgery:
- Cervical discectomy and fusion
- Lumbar discectomy and fusion
- Laser lithotripsy (stone extraction)
- Shockwave lithotripsy (stone extraction)
- Prostate procedures
Cardiovascular and neurosurgical interventions are typically referred to a larger medical center unless a life-threatening condition requires immediate attention prior to medevac.
Bartlett Regional Hospital works in conjunction with Life Center Northwest for the procurement of organs and tissues. In accordance with Alaska state law and hospital policy, all patients are provided with a routine donor consent form upon admission.
Sherri O'Conner, Director
Elective surgery is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Emergency surgery is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.