Our ophthalmology clinic allows our community to receive expert care for vision problems right here in Juneau.
Providers in our clinic include eye physicians who are surgeons as well as certified optometric technicians. They’re equipped with the latest tools for diagnosing and treating eye disease.
Eye Surgery and Other Services
While we address a variety of eye conditions, including diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma, our main focus is on diagnosing and treating macular degeneration and cataracts. Our services include:
Cataract surgery. For cataracts, we offer cataract surgical extraction to remove the clouded lens (cataract) over the eye and replace it with a clear lens to help you see clearly again. We also provide YAG laser treatment (capsulotomy), which can help if you have developed a secondary cataract after a previous surgery.
Cataract surgery resources:
- View a schedule for using eye drops after cataract surgery.
- Get a list of pre- and post-op cataract surgery instructions.
Macular degeneration care. Our team can provide anti-VEGF medicine injections, which many people with this condition need on an ongoing basis. If you could be helped by this treatment, you can receive these injections here in Juneau.
Macular degeneration resources:
- Instructions to follow after an anti-VEGF medicine injection.
- The Amsler grid test may be helpful in revealing signs of wet macular degeneration. It is not a substitute for regularly scheduled eye exams and tests.
- People with macular degeneration may benefit from including these foods and nutritional supplements in their diet. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
How to Schedule an Appointment at Our Eye Clinic
Our ophthalmologists partner with community eye doctors (optometrists) to co-manage your care. To schedule a consultation, please contact your primary eye care provider to request that a referral be sent to our office.
If you have not established care with a local optometrist, please contact one of the following to arrange a consultation and referral: