A physician referral is needed to enter the cardiac rehabilitation or pulmonary rehabilitation programs. If you are new to Juneau or have been in a rehabilitation program elsewhere, a physician referral is still required. Services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, depending on your plan's coverage. Please note that pre-authorization is necessary. Our program is individualized for each person's needs.
Medical conditions most often seen in cardiac rehabilitation include:
- Heart attack
- Chest pain (angina pectoris)
- Interventional cardiac procedures such as coronary angioplasty, percutaneous intervention (PCI), stents, etc
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Valve surgery
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
Pulmonary rehabilitation treats such conditions as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pre- and post- lung transplant surgery
- Other pulmonary conditions as determined by a physician
In both programs, people receive functional testing for their exercise capacity and an individualized exercise program is planned. Education and intervention in dietary considerations, lifestyle changes, medication control, stress reduction techniques, smoking cessation and other psychosocial concerns are included as part of both rehabilitation programs.
In This Section
- Find a Physician
- Classes & Events
- Heart Health Articles
- Lung Health Articles
- Heart Attack Risk Assessment
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Subscribe to our heart health e-newsletter!