Bartlett Regional Hospital's Health Information Management Department (formerly known as Medical Records) exists to promote quality patient care by maintaining and managing health information in a timely manner. The staff sees to it that all medical information is maintained in a confidential manner, providing patient access in accordance with patient rights.
Services provided include:
- Maintenance of the master patient index.
- Record storage, retrieval, assembly, analysis, coding and abstracting.
- Preparation of birth certificates for the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
To obtain copies of your medical records, a written authorization from you or your legal representative must be received via mail, fax or in person by the Health Information Management Department. You may also print out this form (BRH Authorization to Disclose Health Information), complete and sign it, and mail it to us.
The authorization must include the following:
- Patient's full name and date of birth.
- Purpose or need for the information being requested.
- Approximate dates of treatment.
- Signature and date of the patient (or legal representative in the case of minors and powers of attorney).
- Type of information to disclose.
We can also help set up patients for our Patient Portal. Please call us with any questions related to your medical records!