March 18, 2020
In response to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, Bartlett Regional Hospital is screening patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19 along with travel history and possible exposure to the virus. To protect the health and safety of our patients, their families and staff, various departments are restricting access and the hospital is enforcing its visitor control policy for infectious outbreak.
For hospitalized patients:
- Limit one (1) visitor on the units at any time.
- No visitors are allowed in the Hospital from 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. overnight, unless accompanying a newly admitted patient or a maternity patient.
- No visitors under age 16
- NOTE: Visitation rules may be even more restricted on units and floors with patients who have reduced immune systems or special populations.
- “End of life” situations
- Minor patients (≤18 years old) may have twovisitors but this is limited to only parents or guardians.
- Individuals with significant physical disabilities are limited to onesupport person in addition to a visitor.
While Bartlett Regional Hospital is enforcing restricted visitor policies and screenings due to the worldwide spread of COVID-19, quality patient care remains our highest priority.
“We want to thank everyone for their understanding and cooperation in helping us ensure our most vulnerable patients are kept healthy. We are taking all precautions to ensure Bartlett Beginnings and the rest of our campus remains a safe and protected environment," said Bartlett Beginnings Director Lauren Beason, RN.
Please CALL FIRST if you think you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus and are experiencing symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath. To prevent the spread of illness to others, please DO NOT visit the hospital emergency department without calling first. Help keep your community members safe from possible exposure to the corona virus. Always call first: 907.796.8900.
When you do visit Bartlett Regional Hospital, whether you are a patient or a visitor, you’ll be met at the front door or ED entrance by staff who will take your temperature, and ask questions to determine if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, (cough, fever or shortness of breath).
You will then receive an appropriate wrist band indicating if you are a visitor or patient. Screening is conducted at the Hospital Main entrance at the second floor and the Emergency Department Triage Tent. Other hospital entrances are temporarily closed. In addition to this screening process in place at our main lobby and emergency department, the following departments are establishing additional policies and changes.
Bartlett Beginnings Groups and Classes
- Safe Sitter, Toddler Group, Baby Group, and Dads ‘n’ Kiddos Playgroup and other support groups and classes are suspended until further notice.
- Birth Class will be offered online.
For questions, contact Sara Gress with Bartlett Perinatal Education and Lactation at 796- 8905.
Infusion and Chemotherapy
- If you have even mild symptoms (cough, fever or shortness of breath) please call the department at 796-8655 before coming to the hospital.
- Visitors are discouraged in Infusion at this time, but are limited to 1 visitor per patient.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entry for symptoms (shortness of breath, cough, fever, other flu-like symptoms) and have their temperature taken. No visitors will be allowed that have any of these symptoms.
Bartlett Café (Cafeteria)
- We are asking the public to please refrain from visiting the cafeteria until further notice.
- The cafeteria will only serve staff members who are on shift for the day and family members who are visiting loved ones in our care here at Bartlett.
- Cycled menu will continue but salad bar will be limited.
- All meals are take outs
Bartlett Outpatient Psychiatric Services (BOPS)
- If you have an appointment, please call us to reschedule an office appointment or make an appointment to take place by phone. 907-796-8498.
Mental Health Unit
- No visitors allowed.
Bartlett Regional Hospital’s COVID-19 response is evolving and subject to change.
For the latest information please call our main number at 796-8900 or visit our webpage:
Please remember to practice social distancing, thoroughly wash your hands and stay healthy with sound sleep, nutritious food and exercise.
Taking care of yourself takes care of our community.
Community Relations Director
Bartlett Regional Hospital