Expecting?—Our childbirth classes can help you prepare for the big day
Obstetricians and nurses often spend years learning about childbirth. But parents-to-be usually only have a few months to prepare for their baby’s arrival.
You may be worried about the prospect of labor and delivery—not to mention parenthood. But our childbirth classes can help ease your concerns.
Knowledge you can use
At Bartlett Beginnings, our classes can help expectant moms build confidence in their ability to give birth and can help birth partners learn how to be active members of the birthing team during labor and delivery. You and your partner can learn what to expect during labor, which may help reduce anxiety about childbirth. You’ll also have the chance to ask the instructor questions and talk about any concerns you have, and you’ll meet other expectant parents.
Commonly covered topics in our classes include:
- Pain relief options, including massage, relaxation, breathing and medications.
- Labor and birthing positions.
- Common medical procedures used during labor and delivery.
- How to care for your newborn baby.
- Breast- and bottle-feeding tips and advice.
Find out more
If you’re interested in learning more about our childbirth classes, call 907-796-8975 or visit our website at www.bartletthospital.org. We can help you find out:
- Which of our classes is right for you.
- When and where classes take place.
- How many people are likely to be in the class.
- Whether any other classes may be useful to you.
Something for everyone
First-time parents aren’t the only ones who should consider childbirth classes. We offer refresher classes to help experienced parents brush up on childbirth information and methods.
Check out our center
For more information about Bartlett Beginnings, our birthing center, click here.