How blood donations save lives
When you donate blood, it does a lot of good. It can even save lives. Here are just some of the people who depend on blood donors like you.
Blood donors save lives
Blood donations help people with many different medical conditions, including:
- People injured in car crashes and other accidents.
- People with serious burns.
- People who lose blood during surgery.
- People with cancer.
- People who receive organ transplants.
- People with blood disorders, like sickle cell disease.
Blood can only be stored for so long, so there’s always a need. If you want to give blood, find out if you might be eligible.
- American Red Cross. “How Blood Donations Help?” https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/how-blood-donations-help.html.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. “Donate Blood. Save a Life.” https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/resources/donate-blood-save-life.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. “Why Blood Donation is So Critical.” https://www.hhs.gov/givingequalsliving/giveblood/why-give.