Juneau Community Health Fair
Health fairs provide an opportunity to self-reflect. Ask yourself what you want to change and what health goal you can set to achieve. Use this time to seek out information from the classes and exhibitors.
45 Minute Free Mini Classes
- Hands Only CPR - Mike Deitch from the American Heart Association
- 8:30am & 10:30am
- Did you know CPR can double or even triple a victims chance of surviving a cardiac arrest? Hands only CPR can help save a life by keeping a persons blood pumping to the heart and brain until help arrives. It's easy to learn this life saving skill in two simple steps.
- Stop the Bleed - Megan Orsi, Morgan Ramseth and MJ Hinman
- 9:30am & 1130am
- Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and call-to-action. Stop the Bleed continues to empower the general public to make a difference in a life-threatening emergency by teaching them the basic techniques of bleeding control through the use of applying pressure, packing wounds and tourniquet use.
- Splinting - Airlift Northwest
- 8:30am & 10:30am
- Join Airlift Northwest flight nurses for a workshop on splinting! We will talk about when to call for help, when to splint minor injuries, and how to stabilize injuries using what you have on hand.
- Yoga from The Yoga Path - Jodee Dixon from The Yoga Path
- 9:30am & 11:30am
- Blood chemistry screen– (27 panels) – covers infection, anemia, liver disease, clotting ability, kidney and adrenal function, liver function, bone disease, tissue disease and damage, heart function, liver function, muscle function, and lipids (coronary heart disease) (fasting 10 hrs.) –$45
- Thyroid screen–$35
- Prostate disease screen–$25
- Vitamin D screen (D2, D3)–$50
- A1C diabetes–$25
- Blood typing–$20
- Vitamin B12 – $35
- Celiac disease – $35
- Ferritin – $35
- Allergy respiratory profile for Alaska – $195
- New! Testosterone (men) – $55
- Men’s Wellness Package–includes Chemistry/Hematology Profile(Infection, Anemia, Liver Disease, Clotting ability, Kidney and adrenal function, Liver function, Bone disease, Tissue disease or damage, Heart function, Liver function, Muscle function, Coronary heart disease (lipids)),Thyroid Screen(Thyroid function),Vitamin D Screen(Bone metabolism, Parathyroid function),A1C Screen(Diabetes, Glucose), and Prostate Disease Screen (fasting 10hrs.) – $180.
- Women’s Wellness Package– includes Chemistry/Hematology Profile (Infection, Anemia, Liver Disease, Clotting ability, Kidney and adrenal function, Liver function, Bone disease, Tissue disease or damage, Heart function, Liver function, Muscle function, Coronary heart disease (lipids)), Thyroid Screen (Thyroid function), Vitamin D Screen (Bone metabolism, Parathyroid function), and A1C Screen (Diabetes, Glucose) (fasting 10 hrs.) – $155.
This is a fasting blood draw event. Take your medications as directed by your doctor and drink plenty of water.
|Start time:||8:00 AM|
|End time:||12:00 PM|
|Location:||Thunder Mountain High School|
|Sponsor:||Bartlett Regional Hospital working in collaboration with Alaska Health Fair, Inc|