HeartCode PALS Part 2 Skills Session
The PALS for Healthcare Providers Online Course has 2 components: The HeartCode PALS online portion and an instructor-led skills session. You must complete the online portion first. You must complete the entire online portion including the exam.
To access and complete the online course you can go to: https://elearning.heart.org/course/20 and purchase the HeartCode PALS for Healthcare Providers Online part 1 course.
IMPORTANT: You must print the certificate of completion at the end of the online portion. You will need to give this to your instructor when you attend the classroom portion. If you do not have your certificate of completion, you will not be able to complete the skills practice and testing of the course.
Who Should Take This Course?
Healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children, including personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and others who need a PALS course completion card for their job or other requirements.
What Does This Course Teach?
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management