Rehabilitation Services: Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
We combine the science of healing with the art of caring.
What are Rehabilitation Services?
Rehabilitation is an important part of recovering from an illness or injury. We have physical therapists (PT), occupational therapists (OT) and speech therapists (ST) here to help you get better. Rehabilitation helps optimize the abilities you have and aids you in maximizing your functional skills. We work with both inpatients and outpatients at Bartlett. Some of our patients benefit from PT, OT and ST and others only require one service.
The goal of our multidisciplinary physical rehabilitation team is to help speed recovery from trauma and illness and to restore the maximum level of wellness and function possible. Patients are carefully evaluated to determine specific needs. Goals and individualized treatment plans are developed in conjunction with each patient’s wishes and overall health care plan. When appropriate we involve the patient, their family members, and other caregivers in developing an overall care plan that achieves these goals. Our patient is the most important member of the team. Communication with our patients is an extremely important aspect of giving the best care possible. We encourage you to ask questions and give us feedback as to how you see your care progressing. You will be working hard with us for your health and wellness. Your success is our goal.
Services we offer include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve independence in daily activities
- Wound care
- Home and job site (Ergonomic) evaluations with adaptations and recommendations
- Lymphedema treatments and compressive garment measuring and fitting
- Caregiver and family member training and guidance
- Strength, flexibility and conditioning programs
- Rehab and orthopedic exercise progression
- Osteoporosis education program
- Hand/arm therapy including splinting
- Speech and swallow evaluations and treatment
- Craniosacral therapy
- Programs for decreasing pain
- Strengthening exercise programs
- Balance, mobility training and fall prevention
- Yoga Therapy
- Pediatric PT and OT
- Post surgical strengthening
- Recovery from sprains and strains
- Driving advisement assessments
- Evaluations for wheelchairs, scooters, transfer devices and home safety equipment
- Low vision program
- Modalities such as ice, heat, TENS, electrical stimulation, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, whirlpools, microcurrent, ultrasound, traction
- Teaching the use of assistive devices such as walkers, crutches, canes
- Exercises to improve strength and coordination needed for purposeful activities
- Manual therapy, joint and soft tissue mobilizations
- Neuromuscular and movement re-education
Other specialized services are available. Please call us with any questions.
Who benefits from Rehabilitation Services?
Our services include specialized therapies for a great number of patients with conditions as diverse as: sports injuries, joint replacements, wounds, strokes, lymphedema, hand surgeries, pain or neurological diseases, lymphedema, cognitive (thinking or attention) and vision limitations that effect daily tasks or the ability to drive, osteoporosis, sprains/strains, birth related, developmental delay or learning problems, spinal cord injuries, muscle weaknesses or imbalances, muscle or joint stiffness and pain, amputations, hand or arm conditions limiting dexterity and function, headaches, neurological diseases like Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease, fractures, frozen shoulders, plantar fasciitis, poor balance, head injuries, arthritis, injuries from falls or accidents, cardiac surgeries, tendonitis, work related injuries, vertigo, Diabetes, repetitive motion disorders or deconditioning. Please talk to your physician or call us if we can help.
Our multidisciplinary physical rehabilitation team helps speed recovery from trauma and illness and to restore the maximum level of wellness and function as possible. Patients receive evaluations and individualized goals and treatment plans. Services include: customized treatment programs to improve independence in daily activities, wound care, ergonomic evaluations of home and job site, lymph edema treatments and compressive garment measuring and fitting, caregiver training and guidance, strength, flexibility and conditioning programs, rehab exercise program, hand/arm therapy, speech and swallow evaluations and treatment, craniosacral therapy, low vision program, neuromuscular and movement reeducation.
We also have a monthly specialty clinic where a prosthetist/orthotist designs, builds and fits patients with prosthetic limbs, orthotics, braces and custom or diabetic footwear.
Our staff at Rehabilitation is comprised of four physical therapists, two occupational therapists, two contract speech therapists, two physical rehabilitation aides and a department manager who is also a physical therapist. The department hosts a prosthetist orthotist from Ketchikan for a three day clinic each month.
Director: Mary Skolnik, PT
Contact us at: (907) 796-8431
Office Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
Weekend hours arranged on an as needed basis for inpatients
Work Injury Rehab and Prevention Program
Bartlett Regional Hospital’s Work Injury Rehab and Prevention Program includes prevention and rehabilitation services. The primary goals are to keep healthy workers injury-free on the job and return injured workers to employment as soon as they are healed, fully ready to resume the physical requirements of their jobs and prevent re-injury.
Bartlett Regional Hospital’s Rehabilitation Services work with the patient, referring physician, therapy team, employer and worker’s compensation insurance carrier.